– Alejandra Cardini (CIPPEC, Argentina): Director of the Education Programme at the Centre for the Implementation of Public Policies for Equity and Growth (CIPPEC) in Argentina. She also works as an educational policy professor at the University of San Andrés and at the School of Politics and Government of Austral University. She worked for many years as a researcher and as Minister advisor for Argentina’s National Ministry of Education. Cardini is a primary teacher, a sociologist and she holds a PhD in Education from University of San Andres (Argentina) and an Educational Policies MA from the Institute of Education, United Kingdom.
– Cristobal Cobo Romaní (Ceibal Foundation, Uruguay): Director of the Center for Research – Ceibal Foundation in Uruguay. Associate researcher at the Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, UK. He has served as external Evaluator for the Inter-American Development Bank; the National Science Foundation and MIT Press (US), and the International Development Research Centre, Canada. He was Professor and director of Communication and New Technologies at the Latin American Faculty of Social Sciences, Mexico.
– Axel Rivas (CIPPEC, Argentina): Director of the School of Education of San Andres University (Buenos Aires, Argentina). He is also a fellow researcher at the Centre for the Implementation of Public Policies for Equity and Growth (CIPPEC). He has conducted many national and international research projects in education policy and he has published more than twelve books in this field.
– David Buckingham (Loughborough University, UK): Scholar, writer and consultant specializing in young people, media and education. He is an Emeritus Professor at Loughborough University, and a Visiting Professor at Kings College London. In 2019-21, he will be a Leverhulme Trust Emeritus Fellow. He was for many years a Professor of Education at the Institute of Education, London University (now part of UCL), where he was the founder and director of the Centre for the Study of Children, Youth and Media.
– Lucía Acurio (Grupo Edutec, Perú): Founder of Grupo Edutec, an organization that designs innovative projects for the optimal incorporation of information and communication technologies. She has also worked as advisor for Peru and Ecuador’s Ministries of Education and as a consultant for several international organisms.
If you are interested in attending the event, make sure you register here.