The Think 20 will come together in Buenos Aires on 17 and 18 September with the aim of sharing its public policy recommendations with the Argentine G20 presidency
Experts from main think tanks, local government officials, representatives of international organizations and from the business community will form part of the T20 Summit in the CCK in Buenos Aires, on 17 and 18 September. This is where the T20 will present its Communiqué to the Argentine G20 presidency.
There will be around a thousand participants from 60 countries who will participate in sessions and events which will explore the main topics the Task Forces have worked on throughout the year.
The T20 Summit agenda for Social Cohesion, Global Governance and the Future of Politics:
- Side Event: Governance Report 2018 Presentation (Hertie School of Governance): Helmut K. Anheier (Hertie School of Governance), Marc Fleurbaey (Princeton University), Mark Hallerberg (Hertie School of Governance) y Simon Hix (London School of Economics). Moderator: Maria Belen Abdala (CIPPEC)
- Social Cohesion: Marisol Touraine (Former French Minister of Social Affairs), Marc Fleurbaey (Princeton University), Gianluca Grimalda (Kiel Institute for the World Economy) , Fernando Filgueira (CIPPEC) and Roxana Maurizio (Instituto Interdisciplinario de Economía Política de Buenos Aires).
- Representation and Political Communication in the Era of Fake News: Simon Hix (London School of Economics), Shanta Devarajan (World Bank), Mario Riorda (Universidad Austral), Jorge Fontevecchia (Editorial Perfil) and Daniel Zovatto (IDEA International). Moderator: Danila Terragno (Nuevos Papeles).
- Side Event: Towards an Agenda on Integrity in State Owned Enterprises for the Coming Years (CIPPEC): Michael Hershman (Center for International Private Enterprise), Laura Alonso (Argentine Ministry of Justice and Human Rights) and Sebastián Azumendi (Argentine Chief of Cabinet of Ministers Office). Moderator: Andrea Castagnola (CIPPEC).
- Plenary Session: Global Governance and the Future of Politics: Blair Sheppard (PwC), Simon Hix (London School of Economics), Michael Hershman (Center for International Private Enterprise) and Julia Pomares (CIPPEC). Moderator: Sonia Jalfin (Sociopúblico).
- Side Event:Visioning the Future (V20): Colin Bradford (Brookings Institution), Sergio Bitar (Inter-American Dialogue), Chen Dongxiao (Shanghai Institute of International Studies), Julia Pomares (CIPPEC) and Colin Bradford (The Brookings Institution). Moderator: Yves Tiberghien (University of British Columbia)
- Panel Session on Civil Society: Helmut K. Anheier (Hertie School of Governance), Martín Böhmer (Argentine Ministry of Justice and Human Rights) and Jack Knott (University of Southern California). Moderator: Natalia Aquilino (CIPPEC).
- Side Event: Presentation of the International Panel on Social Progress’ First Report (IPSP): Fernando Filgueira (CIPPEC), Gianluca Grimalda (Kiel Institute for the World Economy) and Nora Lustig (Tulane University). Moderator: Marc Fleurbaey (Princeton University)
- Side Event: Up for the planet. The Citizens’ vision for the governments of tomorrow
Download here the policy briefs developed by the Task Force on Social Cohesion, Global Governance and the Future of Politics.
The complete T20 Agenda
Watch the main debates live on September 17 and 18 here.