Hundreds of experts from the main think tanks of the world, Argentine government officials, representatives of international organizations and from the business community will come together in the CCK to participate in the T20 Summit
Members of the Think 20 (T20) community will come together in the engagement group’s final event, on Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 of September in Buenos Aires, with the objective of sharing their public policy recommendations with the Argentine G20 presidency.
There will be around a thousand participants from 60 countries who will participate in sessions and events which will explore the central topics of the T20 further, such as the economy and international finance.
The T20 Summit agenda focusing on economy and international finance:
- The G20 and the Future of the Multilateral Trade System: Keynote: Horacio Reyser (Argentine Ministry of Foreign Relations and Worship), Carola Ramón-Berjano (CARI), Uri Dadush (Bruegel), Andreas Freytag (University of Jena) and Witness Simbanegavi (African Economic Research Consortium). Moderator: Ricardo Meléndez-Ortiz (International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development)
- Side Event: The Age of Behavioral Economics: Perspectives for the G20 (Inter-American Development Bank): Carlos Scartascini (Inter-American Development Bank), Renos Vakis (Banco Mundial), Alexandra De Filippo (The Behavioural Insights Team), Thomas Prehn (MindLab) y Alissa Fishbane (ideas42). Moderator: Martín Tetaz (Universidad Nacional de La Plata).
- TF5: Why G20 – Africa Cooperation Matters for Global Development: Vera Songwe (United Nations Economic Commission for Africa), Sachin Chaturvedi (Research and Information System for Developing Countries), Philani Mthembu(Institute for Global Dialogue) and Yasuo Fujita (Japan International Cooperation Agency Research Institute). Moderator: Julia Leininger (German Development Institute).
- Finance and Development: Hugo Perezcano Díaz ((Centre for International Governance Innovation), Kevin P. Gallagher (Global Development Policy Center), and Claude Lopez (Milken Institute) . Moderator: Akshay Mathur (Gateway House).
- Side Event: Connecting the Dots: A Road Map for a Better Integration of Latin America and the Caribbean (INTAL, Inter-American Development Bank): Mauricio Mesquita Moreira (Inter-American Development Bank), Félix Peña (CARI) and Rafael Cornejo (former Inter-American Development Bank). Moderator: Ana Inés Basco (INTAL, Inter-American Development Bank).
- Industry 4.0 and Economic Development: Cecilia Ugaz Estrada (United Nations Industrial Development Organization), Gustavo Béliz (INTAL, Inter-American Development Bank), Caetano Penna (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro) and Ramiro Albrieu (CIPPEC). Moderator: Andrés Ortega (Elcano Royal Institute)
- Compact with Africa: Elizabeth Sidiropoulos (South African Institute of International Affairs), Kojo Asante (Ghana Center for Democratic Development) and Susanne Fries-Gaier (Chancellery). Moderator: Rob Floyd (African Center for Economic Transformation).
- Money Matters. On Monetary Policy, GFSN and Cryptoassets: Susana Nudelsman (University of Buenos Aires), Sergey Drobyshevsky (Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy), José Siaba Serrate (CARI) and Peter Knaack (Global Economic Governance Programme). Moderator: Franco Bruni (Italian Institute for International Political Studies).
- The Future of International Tax Cooperation: José Antonio Ocampo (Colombian Central Bank), Nara Monkam (African Tax Administration Forum), Agustín Redonda (Council on Economic Policies) and Christian von Haldenwang (German Development Institute). Moderator: Gabriela Rigoni (Asociación Argentina de Estudios Fiscales).
- Side Event: Driving Inclusive and Sustainable Industrial Development: The Role of Demand (United Nations Industrial Development Organization): Cecilia Ugaz Estrada ((United Nations Industrial Development Organization), Rob Vos (International Food Policy Research Institute), Andrés López (Instituto Interdisciplinario de Economía Política de Buenos Aires), Kevin P. Gallagher (Global Development Policy Center and Manuel Albaladejo (United Nations Industrial Development Organization). Moderator: Leandro Serino (T20 Argentina).
- Plenary Session: International Economics and Finance: José Antonio Ocampo (Colombian Central Bank), Homi Kharas (Brookings Institution) Paola Subacchi (Chatham House) and Haihong Gao (Chinese Academy of Social Sciences). Moderator: José Siaba Serrate (CARI).
- National Implementation of the 2030 Agenda in the G20: Sébastien Treyer (Institute for Sustainable Development and International Relations), Sachin Chaturvedi (Research and Information System for Developing Countries), Rebecka Villanueva Ulfgard (Mora Institute) and Izumi Ohno (Japan International Cooperation Agency Research Institute). Moderator: Imme Scholz (German Development Institute.
- Global and Local Implementation of the 2030 Agenda: Franklin Murillo (Social Progress Imperative), Faith Mabera (Institute for Global Dialogue), Shehryar Toru (Sustainable Development Policy Institute), George Gray Molina (United Nations Development Programme). Moderator: Andrea Ordóñez (Southern Voice)
Download the policy briefs developed by the Task Forces on Trade, Investment and Tax Cooperation, Cooperation with Africa, 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and An International Financial Architecture for Stability and Development.
The complete T20 Summit agenda
Watch the main debates live on September 17 and 18 here.